Name: Shana Kay Derman
Date of Birth: 16 May
Cannot Live Without: My son, my husband, my friends, my family, my concealer, laughter, happiness, walking, sunshine.
Entrepreneurship, technology, writing, business, painting, dancing, sharing, giving, laughing, creating, business development, idea generation, strategy
Painting, running, walking, writing poetry, blogging, reading, photography, vision boarding.
Technology, business, writing, Cyber Crime, Online Security, Online Privacy, South Africa and storytelling, social media, entrepreneurship, strategising, connecting people, psychology of human mind, intercultural social behaviour, NLP, education, inter-racial behaviour, male and female psyche, male and female dynamics in social and work sphere and many more to follow.
Bachelor of Commerce (Information Systems) – University of Cape Town, Project Management Certificate – Damelin College, Integrated Small Business Development (iSBDP) – Cape Chamber, SA PLATO Mentorship Programme – Cape Chamber, Empowering Women Entrepreneurs in South Africa – The Center for Women and Information Technology, Maxum Business Incubator, Meridian International Center, Microsoft Solution Selling For Partners – Sales Performance International, Microsoft
Places I’ve been to?
- South Africa
- Cape Town
- East London
- Port Elizabeth
- United States
- Las Vegas
- New York
- Salt-Lake City
- Washington DC
Have been employed as:
- CEO: Brand Protection and Verification Company
- Business Development Manager
- Business Analyst
- CEO: Software Development Company
- Operations Manager: Software Development Company
- E-Business Manager: Software Development Company
- Examiner: Computer School
- Distance Learning Tutor: Computer School
- Web Designer: : Software Development Company
- Web Master: Oil and Gas Company
- Intranet Developer: Insurance Company / Oil and Gas Company
- IT Support (Hardware | Software): Oil and Gas Company / Food and Beverage Company
- CBR (Case Base Reasoning) Consultant: Insurance Company
- Employee Benefits Clerk: Insurance Company
- Policy Clerk: Insurance Company
- Sales Person: Clothing Company
- Waitress: Restaurants
I am humbled and honored to have received nominations for the following:
- South Africa’s Most Influential Women in Business and Government (MIW) Award – 2010
- Mail&Guardian 200 young South Africans to take to lunch publication – 2010
- Mail&Guardian 300 young South Africans to take to lunch publication – 2009
- DTI TWIB (Technology for Women in Business) Award – 2009
- Graca Machel – African Women Excel Award – 2009
- My mother – Single mom, who had nothing but perseverance to provide for her family.
- My husband – selflessly gives to all, whether his time, his love, his expertise and always remembers only the good in people.
- Entrepreneurs / Coaches / Speakers / People who are trying to leave the world a better place:
- Tony Robbins
- Gary Vee
- Marie Forleo
- Friends – I have some awesome friends who support, challenge, don’t judge and love.
- Family – some family have accepted my life choices and I love the crap out of them!
There are so many amazing people I have met who leave impressions in various ways. Too many to list. I am so grateful to those engagements and friendships. They have opened my eyes to many different aspects of life.